MorphPackers Limited (“MorphPackers”) and Nine Energy Service, Inc. (“Nine”) announced jointly today that they have deployed STORM™ refrac isolation packers within a production-insert string for Chaparral Energy in Oklahoma.
Due to excessive water production from the heel of the reservoir Chaparral Energy required mechanical isolation in their 4 ½” open-hole production tubing to return the well to oil production. A 3 ½” flush joint production-insert string fitted with full ID STORM™ isolation packers was successfully run to TD and the packers were expanded. The well was returned to oil production on time & budget immediately afterwards.
The patented completion system utilizes expandable steel packers specializing in isolation and includes re-frac packers and production anchors to maximize production within existing wells. The STORM™ refrac packer provides the maximum ID in the market to provide the most effective system to instantly isolate and re-fracture stages thus extending the life of a well.
With no moving parts STORM™ packers are easy to deploy at a fraction of the cost of expandable liners, patches and conventional straddle systems. STORM™ packers are compatible with standard plug & perf equipment
“This is a very exciting time for MorphPackers as we enter our next stage of development. As a leading independent in the Completions sector, Nine fully recognizes the benefits of our STORM™ refrac isolation packer and is committed to bringing the newest technology to its customers making this an ideal partnership,” said Toby Bryce, Director at MorphPackers. “We believe that significant potential exists in the North American market where the STORM™ refrac & isolation value proposition is strongly aligned with the strategic goals of unconventional operators where a focus on cost efficiency and enhancing production and field recovery is crucial.”
“We are delighted with the STORM™ isolation packer results and deployment by Nine. As a highly reputable deployment partner, Nine will provide MorphPackers with access to its extensive US and Canadian network, assisting the process of bringing our unique refrac and isolation technology to market,” noted Gavin Prise, Chairman of MorphPackers.
- Run in cased hole/ energized with production tubing (or work string)
- Re-stimulation of multi-stage wells
- Isolation of old perforations
- Remedial straddle-patching
- Large ID allows for increased pumping rates
- Full re-stimulation control
- Minimal loss of ID matching standard liners
- Inert metallic sleeve impervious to wellbore fluids
- Flexible configuration / uses standard plug & guns and ball drop sleeve systems
- Cost effective alternative to expensive expandable liners and unreliable chemical diverter solutions
- Super Slim OD and Big Bore ID design matching conventional pipe
- Instant on-demand active metal seal
- Simple deployment using conventional equipment
- Simple, robust and reliable design with no moving parts and no leak paths
- Differential pressure ratings up to 10,000psi